This course starts where our permit to carry course leaves off. This
course is designed to build a solid base of fundamental skills, novice
and experienced shooters will walk away a better shooter. The handgun is
primarily a defensive weapon. Small and easy to conceal, it is often
the first choice when selecting a firearm for self defense. The handgun
is the most difficult to master in comparison to a shoulder weapon like
the shotgun or carbine/rifle. If you are going to be relying on a
handgun for self-defense, then you better be able to use it properly.
Our emphasis is to introduce solid fundamentals, and hone the skills
necessary to properly use the revolver and semi-automatic handgun in a
Note: We will be shooting from 3-25yds, from standing, kneeling, sitting & ground positions.
The hands-on course will cover the following:
• Working From Concealment & Belt / Tactical Rigs
• Tactics of Self-Defense
• Proper Stance
• Draw Stoke/Presentation/Reholstering
• Sight Alignment/Sight Picture
• Trigger Press
• Shooting from seated, kneeling & prone
• Shooting from 2-hand, strong hand only, and support hand only.
• Ballistic issues
Student Equipment Needed:
- Handgun (revolver or semi-automatic). Must be of quality make (No
Rossi, Highpoint, Jennings, Bryco, Taurus 92 Copies without Decockers,
Etc, if you have questions of a gun please email us)
- Two speed loaders or three magazines (to match your handgun)
400 Rounds of Ammunition
Quality Hip Holster with Thumb break or other Security Locking or Retaining Device. “No Shoulder rigs, cross-draw rigs, or cheap nylon Uncle Mikes type rigs”
- Cover Garment For Concealment (You Will Be Working From Concealment)
- Hearing and Eye Protection (Electronic Hearing Protection Recommended)
- Pack a lunch and snacks & fluids to keep hydrated.
- Knee & Elbow pads recommended
Note: Dress for all types of weather (Hat & Sunblock recommended)